Windows Software

You should buy a MAc

Really, if you want a good video editing platform for a reasonable price, switch to a Mac. Then you can can focus on filmmaking, not wrestling with the computer.

bmoede: Those kind of comments only lead to pissing matches of what's a better platform. At the end of the day, either can accomplish the same task and from the original post it is rather clear that adjees is not interested in switching to a mac.

I agree with Will. adjees was very specific in the requirements.

I'm glad that here on indietalk we have given up on the Mac/PC
debate. Answering the asked question is so much more productive.

Depends on your needs.. I'm fairly certain that Vegas Pro is the only one that will handle HD/HDV footage, so if you plan on doing any of that either now or in the future, the extra cost is worth it.

I was using Sony Vegas for about a year and a half before i switched to Mac. Sony Vegas did everything i needed and it was so easy to learn. I then had a brief stint with Avid which was also pretty easy to learn and more powerful than i needed at the time. I then switched over to final cut on the mac mainly because the industry seemed to be heading in that direction.

But simply to answer your question .. my opinion is that Avid is the best program for windows and its also mac compatible.

Back