Explain Camera Modes and How to Make Lighting Equipments

I have 2 question.

1) I searched the net and got a lot confused that what is Camera MOD??the details over there are too technical. Can you please tell me what are camera modes and how the affect the movie?

2) In normal which Camera mode is usefull for the movie?

2) Can an expert tell me some gourilla tips to make lighting by myself?????

camera MOD or MODE?

As for lighting, a search on this board will get you lots of lighting tips. Suggested searches are:

lighting
china ball
worklight
craftsman
clamp
reflector
bounce card
foamcore

If we seem to be reacting in a frustrated manner, it may be because you are asking question that have been answered many times here on the board. More and more people are joining the forum and ignoring the search feature here.

The search function up top will give you access to these thousands of articles and discussions we've produced over the past 4-5 years. Most of the topics you're asking questions about have already been discussed in length with fun arguments to follow and some interesting resolutions to peoples production problems.

well thanks but i realy didnt got any search bar here???i just log in and read all the threads..so might have not seen the search option here

infact i was a little surprised that the do not have a search option.

well about MODE

i dont know exaclt its mode or mod

wut i remmeber it changed the display on LCD.....now i dont know whats the correct spelling [:(]

If it changed the LED display, it was probably the aspect ratio setting (4:3 or 16:9). 4:3 mode is more square and fits the old style TV screen. 16x9 mode is called widescreen, because it is more wide than tall and is better suited to cinema screens, although not quite as wide as 35mm.

If that is not the mode of which you speak, then try again! ;)

no friend it changed the colors.not the aspect ration..i am a foll but not that much...........i always saw some differnet sort of colors when he use to click the mode or mod button sometimes the pics use to look cooler some times more dark coloured......like when we change the colour setting of Television Set

Sounds like a digital preset... Hard to know what it would be though, common ones are black and white and sepia, sometimes negative, etc.. At any rate, if you're looking to change the coloring, your best bet is to shoot the footage in the normal way, and make these changes in post production. That way you can dial in exactly the look you want.

The trouble with these in-camera presets is that if you record with it on you're stuck with it, whereas if you record without it, you can do whatever you want in post production, and everything that can be done in camera can be easily duplicated in your NLE/compositing package.

Well may be i think you are loosing your temper???

anywas let me find out by contacting that guy who had that camera

its not that hard will just have to check out my records of befor last 2 years....i met him in 2006.or may be at the end of 2005

I think I have an answer for you.

Find out the model and make number of the camcorder... then put it and "manual" into google.

Chances are you'll find a link to that camera's user manual... and from that you'll be able to find out what you mean.

93.8% of the time you can find the answers in the manual :yes:

93.8% of the time
It's been closer to 94.3% in my experience, but who's counting?

Well may be i think you are loosing your temper???
Nope. My temper is intact. I work about 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, so when I drop in here, I try to be as succinct as possible. Sometimes it just sounds like I'm angry, but trust me, this is not an emotional thing for me. If there were an emotion, it would be frustration at not being able to answer a question because I'm not sure what is being asked. I'm not the type of person who likes guessing.

Doug :)

Back