Cool little clamp/tripod...

As many of you are aware, I shoot with an HV20, which if you are aware or not is a VERY small camera, I think the weight with a battery and tape is roughly 2 pounds..

Anyway, I just picked up this nifty little mini-clamp/tripod to give myself a few more options for mounting the camera when shooting, and thought I would share my thoughts having just gotten it in the mail.

This thing is great. I just picked it up from this seller on ebay.. it was $14.95 after shipping, and it is even more sturdy than I was expecting from the pictures. It offers a dual function in the small convenient size,

First, it can be used as a small tabletop tripod which might be useful for an interview, or getting unique shots that wouldn't be easy to get otherwise...

2531653277_f6167cbe20.jpg

Secondly, it works as a clamp, so you can clamp your camera on to a counter or table, or a railing, pole, etc...

2532468336_d55f18285c.jpg

For the price I don't see how you can go wrong adding one of these little beauties to your arsenal. While it may not be the best choice for larger cameras, given the size and weight of the HV's this thing is the bomb.

:cheers:

It also looks like it might have a couple other ways it can be set up too, just looking at some of the angles on the clamp, so it seems a lot of thought went into the design of this thing. My recommendation, pick one up! :D

Last edited:
I have something like this. I also use it for microphones and flash equipment. I found a clamp for $12 that comes with several adapters that let you use a 1/4" tripod post to connect a hot-shoe mount, or a post that will accept a light that mounts on a light stand, etc. Combining these things makes for a very flexible, robust system of attachment for guerrilla shooters.

Yours is more versatile than mine. It looks like it will accept a wider surface (mine will just go over a 2x4 on the 1.75" dimension), and mine does not double as a tripod, although I have a small, tabletop tripod made by Sunpak that is quite useful for small items.

Interesting little device... I was looking at something this week, which I also like. Look at this site, FLIP VIDEO and then look at the action mount in the accessories, they have a set of velcro straps for attaching a camera to anything you can get velcro round (mainly handlebars of motor cycles and the like)

The cameras are strictly podcaster, straight to MP4, but the accessories are very cool.

Yeah... looking at the specs for it again I see that it's rated for up to 11 pounds, so there's really no reason you couldn't use it with a larger camera like a dvx or xl1, etc... :)

Back