• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Slideshow in FCE?

Hey guys, I'm working on a project that requires a slideshow. I am editing with FCE and can import pictures and add filters to them but what's missing is the photo's are just stationary. Is there a way to change this. I want to be able to do the slow pans and slow zooms in and out while the photo is on the screen and sync it with a voice over narration. Is this possible with FCE? I'm still pretty new to FCE and haven't been able to find any tips or tutorials online for it. Thanks for any advice you can give.

You can do a fade in and fade out with some movement, etc. in the motion settings of a single frame, then copy that frame to the clipboard (Apple-C or Edit|Copy). Now, select all the other frames and use the Edit|Paste Attributes to paste just the motion settings and you'll have the same motion on each frame. You could then tweak individual frames to mix it up a little, etc. (make changes to one and paste them to every other frame, or whatever, to avoid mind numbing repetition)

Doug

p.s. iPhoto makes great slide shows, really fast. I've used that to generate a movie that I imported into FCE for final editing.

Back