Software

Hello, everyone. Great forum!

I am going to be purchasing a Canon HV30, told the wife for better quality family movies, but I really want to explore film making as a creative outlet and I would like to know what editing software I should look at for the PC. I don't have a lot of money, so I'm looking to keep it under $500.00. I just need a good, quality, competent piece of software. I've seen a lot of mention of Sony Vegas, is that pretty much the best for the price?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I love Sony Vegas Pro 8. My suggestion would be to download and try the free 30 day trial demos of Vegas, Adobe Premier, Avid, and test out the software on your PC system and with the type of video you will be editing (sample clips of high def, not just youtube small file size video clips).

Hello, everyone. Great forum!

I am going to be purchasing a Canon HV30, told the wife for better quality family movies, but I really want to explore film making as a creative outlet and I would like to know what editing software I should look at for the PC. I don't have a lot of money, so I'm looking to keep it under $500.00. I just need a good, quality, competent piece of software. I've seen a lot of mention of Sony Vegas, is that pretty much the best for the price?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yeah I love my Vegas Pro 8.0. Supports literally EVERY file format and is VERY easy to learn and use.

But, always make sure you choose the editing system thats right for you and your needs. ;)

Thanks for all of the great advice, I think I will try Sony's Vegas as a trial when I get my camcorder. I'm sure I'll buy it because, at the least, I will be left with software that can help me make great home movie DVDs....at the most, who knows! :)

I hope that I can finally find something that allows me to channel some creativity out of my head and into a form that will bring enjoyment, not only to myself, but to others.

Thanks again!

Back