Do you own Movie Magic screenwriting software?

If someone owns this software, can you tell me if "hypothetically" there are any issues you know of for installing this software on say one's Desktop PC and one's laptop PC, i.e. might the software "complain" about being on two such computers? I would like to be able to put such software on both my Desktop PC and my laptop of course.

The license agreement might even allow for it. I know my Nikon software specifically states that I can install the software on 2 machines, as long as I am the sole user of the software. Thank you, Nikon.

Sorry, I can't answer your question. Do they have the license agreement on-line?

Good idea about checking for the license agreement online, I will look for it. Recently I was considering Sophocles, but their license agreements relates to ip addresses; that concerned me because 99% of us have dynamic ip addresses that change -- every time you use a dial up, or reboot a router, etc. I emailed Sophocles about that concern over a week ago but have heard no reply back from them about that. Thus I want the wording in a license to read machines and not ip addresses.

The license agreement might even allow for it. I know my Nikon software specifically states that I can install the software on 2 machines, as long as I am the sole user of the software. Thank you, Nikon. Sorry, I can't answer your question. Do they have the license agreement on-line?

Good idea about checking for the license agreement online, I will look for it. Recently I was considering Sophocles, but their license agreements relates to ip addresses; that concerned me because 99% of us have dynamic ip addresses that change -- every time you use a dial up, or reboot a router, etc. I emailed Sophocles about that concern over a week ago but have heard no reply back from them about that. Thus I want the wording in a license to read machines and not ip addresses.

Looking good for Movie Magic -- this is what I just found on their website :
http://support.screenplay.com/answercenter/questions.php?questionid=440&todo=__rate
"Q: On how many computers can I install Screenwriter 6?
The license management system for Screenwriter 6 is designed to eliminate worries about lost installs. You can activate the program on up to three of your own computers, for your own use only (not for writing partners or other users). When you activate, you will use one of your available slots. Think of a slot as a reusable location which simply describes on what machine(s) you have currently activated the software. You do not run out of Activation slots, you reuse them so there is no need to de-activate a slot since it can be reassigned once the slots are full.
"

Hi,

We are the makers of Movie Magic Screenwriter. You can install MMS on three (3) computers at any one time. Please note if you decide to change computers in the future, you can always uninstall it off one and then you'll have another activation. So it's not three lifetime activations, it's three simultaneous activations. We've found this is more than enough for almost every screenwriter out there. And if for some reason you desperately need more than 3 activations, you can always buy additional ones for a minimal charge.

Screenplay.com

So the 3 licenses for 3 machines relates to the machine MAC (hardware) serial numbers and NOT ip addresses, correct? I just do not want to be limited by ip address since of course that changes all the time when using a laptop out and about on wifi networks, or refreshing my home router ip address (I like most people have a dynamic ip internet connection from my internet provider). I seriously do not get why Sophocles licenses their product as 3 ip addresses, that makes no sense to me. I do appreciate vendors letting us use a product on more than one machine-- I actually have a laptop and 3 desktops at home, but I just did some major data backup and restore to transfer all my data to one laptop, i only want one desktop and one laptop, way too confusing to have multiple desktops in a home (and I am a single guy; now with a family that is another situation--still, the license should be for one user for at least 2 machines--a 3rd machine license is nice should one machine be down for repair and another temp machine be needed).

Hi, We are the makers of Movie Magic Screenwriter. You can install MMS on three (3) computers at any one time. Please note if you decide to change computers in the future, you can always uninstall it off one and then you'll have another activation. So it's not three lifetime activations, it's three simultaneous activations. We've found this is more than enough for almost every screenwriter out there. And if for some reason you desperately need more than 3 activations, you can always buy additional ones for a minimal charge.

Screenplay.com

Last edited:
Back