MacBook Pro with Cinema Display

Hi Everybody,
as I said earlier, I might be purchasing the MacBook Pro. Something suddenly came in mind... to get the 23" HD Cinema Display from Apple. It is highly reccomended through many sites, but I'm not sure what it could do to help with my Macbook Pro.

Any idea?

Thanks
Jeremy

It would give you a bigger, brighter display. It would probably be more color accurate. Considering that the prices of displays are going down, I'd recommend that you get your Macbook Pro first, enjoy it for a while, then decide where your other money is best spent. You may find there is something else you need more than a cinema display, and the cinema display is only going to get less expensive, so you cannot lose by putting it off until you're sure it's what you need.

If you are going to get an external monitor, I'd go with a 24" model from Dell or some other brand. They are all a LOT cheaper than the Apple monitor and just as good. I particularly recommend the Dell.

An external monitor is a great idea if you're doing video editing. It's lovely to have an external screen to look at to preview your cuts in full screen without switching into that mode (Lord knows cuts play differently at different sizes!). It is also, as someone else pointed out, going to be more color-accurate (Laptop screens simple cannot be as color accurate as the desktop displays at the moment).

I agree with Beeblebrox that there are much cheaper, just as good displays out there than Apple's. That said, I usually tend to buy Apple's stuff anyhow because I'm a sucker for having everything match visually (it makes my workspace feel more cohesive from a personal standpoint).

An external monitor is a great idea if you're doing video editing. It's lovely to have an external screen to look at to preview your cuts in full screen without switching into that mode (Lord knows cuts play differently at different sizes!). It is also, as someone else pointed out, going to be more color-accurate (Laptop screens simple cannot be as color accurate as the desktop displays at the moment).

I agree with Beeblebrox that there are much cheaper, just as good displays out there than Apple's. That said, I usually tend to buy Apple's stuff anyhow because I'm a sucker for having everything match visually (it makes my workspace feel more cohesive from a personal standpoint).

Sounds like me :) I always have an urge to get matching things. Like my Microsoft mouse wouldn't match with my future MacBook Pro so I'm going to buy a Mighty Mouse, and don't get me started on the keyboards...etc. I just have to buy things from the same brand to feel right.

Thanks for the answers, I'm going to look at some other brands' displays however just to get an idea what there is out there :)

Jeremy

Apple's displays are much more color accurate for doing print work and video editing, but the difference depending on what you intend to do for the time being with your projects, may not justify the extra $$$.

i have a macbook pro and a 23" cinema display, new apple wireless keyboard and mouse....heck...even got an iphone actually hahah.....

anyway...gotta say as for the computer...its the best thing ive ever bought....id attach a picture of the setup but i dont see how you can unless its a link....?

Back