First day on the set of "Lust"

Hey gang..

Well the first day is in the can. We got some good stuff and as always lots of not so good stuff. Overall I think it was a decent first day. The effects turned out pretty decent, and I thought I would share a couple photos and a quick rough assembly edit of one of the effects sequences.

It should be said that this is a very rough assembly.. the timing isn't necessarily perfect, and nothing has been done with coloring or audio yet. This is straight out of the camera. I imported this as DV rather than HDV just to make editing a little quicker, and it's also 24p footage, but I haven't removed the pulldown -- I exported the standard 60i encapsulated footage and deinterlaced it. So needless to say, the final picture will be much better looking.

This was shot with an HV20 set to 24p in cinemode. Shutter speed is 1/48 and aperture is roughly f2.6 for all the shots. There was about 1000-2000 watts lighting this -- depending on the particular shot.

[QT]http://216.17.37.184/myspace/head-concrete.mov[/QT]

I'm sad to say I had to go a little "Michael Bay" with one of the shots.. but I promise to at least TRY not to do that for every scene.. :D

day1-bts1.jpg

day1-bts2.jpg

Last edited:
Figured I would just throw this in this same thread...

I just pulled the silicone prosthetic out of the mold. Turned out quite good. nice thin blending edges and all. We'll be using this on Friday.

final-prosthetic.jpg

Back