"Cabbie" wins Best Short Film

My latest short, "Cabbie", which I star in as the lead character, Marty Yacovelli, was awarded "Best Short Film" by the Asheville Film Festival in North Carolina this weekend.

Judges for the prestigious East Coast festival included several regional film critics, 70s heartthrob Robby Benson, Harry Anderson ("Night Court" & "Dave's World") and the guy who created the Chucky movies.

This was the seventh festival for "Cabbie", the fourth official nomination and the second award (following its selection as "Most Inspirational Film" at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival earlier this year).

The film was unscripted and entirely improvised over the course of one weekend in Chicago. Congrats to director Donlee Brussel and co-producer/DP Glynn Beard.

Thanks, i.i.!

Quick update: 'Cabbie' played the EHS Short Film Festival (call for submissions came from this site) and was awarded "Best Concept" this past Friday, and I just got word today that it's been named as an Official Selection of the 3rd annual Myrtle Beach International Film Festival along with another of my films, "Checking In."

Good month.

Back