• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking short script

Hey all,

As I've mentioned several times over the past few years, I have a bit of super 8 film stock I've been hording until the right script comes along for it.. That hasn't happened yet, so I'm going to throw this out there and see if anyone has anything, or is willing to write something..

I'm looking for a short (very short, 5 pages MAX) script. Ideally something dramatic rather than comedic, with minimal (though more than one is perfectly ok) cast, locations, etc.. and little or no dialogue is also ok.

I'll be shooting on Tri-X black & white reversal film. Have roughly 25 minutes worth of raw stock, and can obtain a bit more if needed, but I'd like to keep the production costs down as much as possible. Primarily I'm just looking for a project that I can use the stock I already have on, and actually be able to say that I've shot something on film. :) Of course the finished product will be telecined, and cut digitally, but the source will be celluloid, which is just a good way to go.

So, if anyone has something already they'd be willing to let me use, or has time to write something, I'd be interested in reading a few scripts.

Thanks in advance!

What's your timeframe? I need a writing exercise to take my brain away from my own project for awhile. This way I can come back to it with a fresh perspective.

Hi there, I'd be willing to try to write something for you to use. Or, I have a number of short screenplays unproduced, at different stages, and maybe one of them could be adapted. What is the stock footage of?

Things have changed since I posted this actually. I'm selling my film stock and film cameras, and will be buying an HD camera. I may consider doing a short sometime fairly soon after that, but for the moment I'm kind of tied up.

Thanks for the offers though!

Back