Writer Required

I am looking for a script writer for a collabrative effort... simply put I want to produce/direct again after years of producing and am looking for a writer to write the project.

Ideally horror/thriller led...

Interested or want more info?

Email phil@mod-life.net

You might want to contact Leif Yonker. He's the author/producer of "Darkness", and he writes scripts professionally. I'm not sure what sort of arrangement you could make with him, but I'll send you his contact info in a private message. He's a very reasonable, knowledgeable, and professional person. I've enjoyed working with him and I've learned a lot from him. He's definitely an authority on horror.

I could definitely write a horror, but right now I am swamped between my own projects and my day job. Once I get to a point where my passion is paying more than my day job, I'll have more time to devote to other writing projects. I can turn out shorts in relatively short order, but a feature would be a full time effort spanning several weeks from concept to completion to shooting script. My own 7 page short took about 2 months.

Good luck on your project. I enjoy horror films.

Last edited:
Hey Phill,

I'm wondering about a couple of things.

In April you posted about making an anthology movie done by indietalk members. You got a lot of positive response. Any plans on actually doing this?

And then in July you posted that Modern Life was setting up a UK based sales company and asked for submissions. I submitted as you asked but I never heard from you again. I kind of thought that since the reason you were starting this was because you had been treated poorly by other companies, you would at least respond with a "thanks, but it's not what we're looking for". What happened with that?

Back