• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

LiveType question

hello,

When I make a simple black screen with text in LT and import into Final Cut, the text in the middle of the screen is blurry. Any ideas of what I'm not doing correctly?

thanks.

livetype

The blur is after exporting to .mov and importing into Final Cut. It is only the middle of the screen - like a bar of blurriness going across screen right in the center.

thanks.

i'd do a screen shot, but I don't think I can put attachments up.

Try importing the Livetype file directly into FCP and not the MOV. It really shouldn't matter but you never know. It will need to be rendered in FCP though. It's odd that it's affecting only the center of the video. Can you post the MOV online so we can take a look at it?

okay...so it's seems to happen AFTER I render it in FC. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the .mov file or if I import the LiveType file and then render. It seems to be the rendering.

Knightly - I'm not sure what PM means, but I do have a pic hosted, so what's next?

thanks

Knightly - I'm not sure what PM means, but I do have a pic hosted, so what's next?

Private Message. Top right corner of the forum. :)

As to why it's happening in FCP only that's a little strange. I usually do a Render and then a Render All to make sure everything is happy. As recommended earlier, you could also check your Playback setting.

Has this happened before on other projects or is this your first time using FCP?

screen shot

This always happens to me and exporting the clip doesn't seem to work either. Here's a pic - thanks, Knightly.

blackscreenshot.jpg

Last edited:
After taking another look at the image, I think part of it may be an optical illusion. The text in the middle segment looks thinner/blurrier, because there's not as much black around it. There does appear however to be a slight difference, though not as much as if you look at the whole image at once. If you cover all but one line and go line by line you'll see what I mean.

Again I would suggest the best fix would be to use a bolder font, preferably a non serif font. Use less text per screen, space it out a bit more, and like Thunderclap mentioned, use a light grey rather than white for the color, so it'll play nicely with broadcast colors.

Back