network> business card content

hi there,

i am filming my first documentary and met with some subjects yesterday. when they asked me for my business card, i had nothing to offer them and i need to remedy this ASAP.

my question:

what should it say on a filmmakers business card?
what does your say?

thanks in advcance for your input and advice.

ps> this community is completely awesome. you guys are consistently helpful and i really appreciate it =)

Lets see ...
company name
"We'll do anything for a buck!" ;)
web-site
e-mail address
phone number

Seriously, I think the most important thing is to give people several ways to get in contact with you. As long as the card is accurate and legible, the rest is gravy. Speaking for myself, I generally don't keep other peoples' business cards that long, unless they are close associates. I transcribe the information into my contact book with some notes about the contact (where we met, when we met, why I wanted a card). If a card doesn't make it into my contact book with reminder notes, I'll never contact that person, and once a card is in my contact book, the card is generally incinerated or lost.

im broke so i'll go the free option for sure.

with the free option, does it have their logo tackily printed on the card somewhere (like on the back) or is it a professional looking card with just your info on it?

My freebies from vista print a couple of years ago said "This card was printed for free at Vistaprint.com" and had the Vistaprint logo on it. Maybe they dont do that anymore.

Seriously though most any place will do 250 business cards for $10 or less.

Back