Ambient Battlefield Noises

Hi all,
I am looking for some battlefield ambient noises. Any suggestions on where one could find some. Did the google search and have yet to find anything decent. Basically looking for Modern day military sound effects

I've got lots of stuff, what are you looking for specifically?

Also, what time period (as that would affect what it would sound like significantly in some cases..)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. I am looking for machine gun, rifle, artillery helicopters, pretty much everything one could possibly hear. I would like them seperate so I can mix the sounds as needed. SOme close and some distant. Some scenes will be in the thick of it while others will be from a distance just hearing the battle. Modern Day Sound Effects

Last edited:
Well, I was pointed to Discovery Sound FX Series 4 - War. Hopefully this will have a lot of what I need. Any other suggestions or help is apprecciated. I will have more info to come on my project.

Well, I have discovered a new way to get REAL Ambient Battlefield noises. If you go to many of these video sites where people post stuff up, there is plenty of stuff to just dubb the audio from. It is a quick fix unless you go and sample individual weapons and stuff. Just thought I'd share that idea.

Back