Indie Theaters

I'm trying to find a list of indie theaters in the U.S. in the major metropolitan cities, theaters like the Musicbox here in Chicago.

Does anyone know of web site that has a list of such theaters? I can't find any. If there is no such site that you know of but you know of a theater could you list the indie theaters here and the city they're in? I think a compilation list like this could be very beneficial for indie filmmakers.

I agree completely. That WOULD be a very valuable list ... one which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. In Ithaca, NY, we're luck enough to have seven (7) indie art screens and I wonder how many more are out there.

Would you project digital or film?

So let's start a list. Everyone post your indie/rep theatre in your town.

Toronto:

Bloor Cinema - www.bloorcinema.com
digital/film projection
835 seats - balcony included

We recently lost about 3 rep cinemas, which all closed in September. The Bloor is the best though.

there's a theatre in springfield, missouri called the moxie, but in all honesty i haven't really kept up with it much (i've only been there once) cause they only have one (I think) screen, but they're about to be expanding...I know there's one in st louis, missouri but I can't remember the name

Back