I'm Baaack

Hi guys and gals. This is the first of many of these posts/messages I am sure to be writing in the next few days. I am sure that none of you noticed that I've been AWOL for a while, but just in case...

Firstly, allow me to apologize to anyone who has been trying to reach me for the last 2 months or so. You know that cliche, "be careful what you wish for"? I am now a cautionary tale. Having spent the last three years working my fanny off with just about anyone and everyone who'd have me, this summer, it seemed everyone just HAD to have ME.

Being in demand for cash was one of my goals when I decided to jump into film. However, I worked on 3 feature films this summer- one of which I was one of the producers and had been in pre-prod for a year. I followed that up just two weeks later with a fairly high profile (for Ohio) gig that paid pretty well. With just one day off at the end of my tenure on that job, I went on to be the script sup. on a third feature...

Long story short, God wisely told me in no uncertain terms to sit down and REST. Less than 24 hours after I got home, I broke my foot (big toe on the left foot at the joint where it meets the foot.). About a week later, I took a ball to the back of my head while on recess duty at my daughter's school and suffered a mild concussion. In the interim, two family members were hospitalized, one is terminal. A third one was hospitalized this week.

To add to the fun, I was unable to access my email for an extended period and since it filled up, emails have been bouncing back to people for a week... AND when I was finally able to access it, I had 218 pages of emails (10 to a page). Yipes.

So, to anyone who's been trying to reach me, I am here.
To anyone I've offended or stood up- my deepest apologies. It was not intentional, although it was negligent. I will stand up and take my lumps for that.

Glad to be back. :)

:)

Wow, that's insane, Lilith! Sorry to hear about the troubles, I hope everything is going well. Welcome back!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck, but happy to hear that you are in demand. Everything always balances out, huh?

Poke

Back