new sound studios outside of LA

Pacifica Ventures and Lionsgate both are building new sound stages and support buildings in New Mexico and some developer is trying to build a $1B film studio in soutern CT. Something going on outside of LA or NY? Man, sounds like we may have a new ballgame on our hands. What's up with the new studios, and will they make any difference to us?

WC

From their website:

"Pacifica Ventures serves major Hollywood studios, producers, and members of the entertainment community who create, finance, produce and distribute film and television products." (My emphasis)

If we do a little resume fishing and they bite, it'll make all the difference in the world. :D

I'd give my left you-know-what to get my foot in the door.

Why do I bother to mention a topic that could mean something to the filmmakers who might be interested in their futures on this site?

You boys would be a riot on IndieClub.

I'm outta here. Maybe I will find some place where decent discussions on the future of filmmaking are had. Sure as hell ain't here.

Bye.

What's up with the new studios, and will they make any difference to us?
Any discussion around this question would be pure speculation. Speaking for myself, my interest in my future is a little better grounded in the here and now. Furthermore, you have to expect that creative people are going to cut up a little. This isn't the "Corporate Policies and Government Approved Business Practices for Political Conservatives" forum, after all.

In any case, studios outside of NY and LA are nothing new.

Why do I bother to mention a topic that could mean something to the filmmakers who might be interested in their futures on this site?

You boys would be a riot on IndieClub.

I'm outta here. Maybe I will find some place where decent discussions on the future of filmmaking are had. Sure as hell ain't here.

Bye.

Sorry if I in any way offended you, Writem. There's no need to pay attention to me. I should probably keep my cosmic jesting limited to PMs, I had no intention to derail the topic... I also however had no real opinion, being that I'm more interested in the Canadian film industry at the moment (lucrative, I know!). I was attempting to add a little "color" to the board with an attempt at humor. When it did not work, I resorted to the use of a "power-word", in this case, testicle. I apologize for that. It was cheap.

Don't get angry with the location- send me a nasty PM, hate mail, or other such angry paraphanalia to express yourself. Go after the root of the problem, not the world. I will make extra effort not to post my absurdist rantings in your thread from this point on.

Back