• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch LOOM presents: ZOMBIEHUNTER

Dear colleagues,

finally, after some troubles with the export function of Premiere, we have finished our short.

It is a typical LOOM fun project, where we all came together for 2 days, shooting the action scenes. This little project has been a welcome variation of my postproduction work on our big project JENSEITS (BEYOND).

The story is thin as fresh ice, but we had a lot of fun with the vfx. Hope you, too!

Some pictures from the shooting (German board).

Zombiehunter_01_sm.jpg
Zombiehunter_03_sm.jpg

ZOMBIEHUNTER (WMV)

ZOMBIEHUNTER (QT)

The movie is synchronized in English.

Story

After his wife had been killed by zombies, he is now hunting those beasts around the world. A new shelter has been found and now the Zombiehunter is going to do his bloody business.

Production - Key Data
Title: "ZOMBIEHUNTER"
Production Company: LOOM
Shooting Time: 2 days
Total Duration of Production: ca. 1/2 year
Team: 3 main crew, 4 crew, 15 extras
Camera: Canon XM-2
Sound: Sennheiser K6 + ME66
Locations: Austria / Styria (Graz)

Movie - Key Data
CREW
Directed by: Stefan Müller
Script & Story by: Stefan Müller, Martin Schneider
DoP: Robert Niessner, Stefan Müller
Producer: Robert Niessner
First Assistant Director: Leopold F.J. Keber
Visual Effects: Robert Niessner
Makeup Artist: Leopold F.J. Keber
Music: Christian Scheucher, Stefan Müller
SFX & mastering: Stefan Müller, Christian Scheucher (ProTone)

CAST
Martin Schneider
Leopold Keber, Sandra Derler, Susanne Kirchner, Peter Hierländer, Stefan Müller, Vincent Seidl, Nils Kaltschmidt u.v.a.

Runtime: 4:33 min.
Genre: Splatter

Last edited:
Wonderfully done! You got a great look with the DV cam for having such low (but well placed) light. The effects were also great. I enjoyed the music as well.

That was cool- zombies are so much fun! This is a fun little short because it jumps right to the point and gives you exactly what you want to see. Great special effects. Good job.

Ausgezeichnet! Der ZombieHunter hat mir gut gefallen.

And the opening picture has a very colourful background (the red sky) and was wondering if that was a greenscreen effect?

Also how did you achieve the effect of the zombie getting his head blown off?

Ausgezeichnet! Der ZombieHunter hat mir gut gefallen.

And the opening picture has a very colourful background (the red sky) and was wondering if that was a greenscreen effect?

Also how did you achieve the effect of the zombie getting his head blown off?

Thank you.

You are right, the opening picture was filmed in front of a greenscreen. Then I used one of my stock footage sky fotos (I have made hundreds of them) and went crazy with the color correction.

The zombie headshot was filmed so that her head fell outside of the frame. I used this one as a clean plate, masked her head out frame by frame and replaced it with the clean plate. Then I added the blood effects by using a particle system. Of course you also have to take care of the grain. I matched it to the background and animated it.

Cool stuff. Fantastic lighting throughout! I wish there was more of a story, but it seems this was more of an excercise than an attempt to tell a story. Again great lighting, superb photgraphy.

Poke

Back