• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Overtime Boogaloo

Some of you might remember me posting way back in January about a music video I directed.

Those of you who were holding your breath to see it are likely dead now, and I wish you happy travels in the great beyond -- please don't haunt me.

Those of you who gave little more than a rat's hind end and are still here -- Hooray for you!!!! Not only are you not worm food, but you are also privileged enough to see that music video!!!! Talk about a win-win!!!!

I like exclamation points!!!!

Anyway, it's up on YouTube. Go watch it! Be amazed by the low budget wardrobe! Marvel at the poor compression! Crap yourself over the continuity errors! And be sure to rate it (if you dare).

Poke

Last edited:
Did I detect...

Some of you might remember me posting way back in January about a music video I directed.

Those of you who were holding your breath to see it are likely dead now, and I wish you happy travels in the great beyond -- please don't haunt me.

Those of you who gave little more than a rat's hind end and are still here -- Hooray for you!!!! Not only are you not worm food, but you are also privileged enough to see that music video!!!! Talk about a win-win!!!!

I like exclamation points!!!!

Anyway, it's up on YouTube. Go watch it! Be amazed by the low budget wardrobe! Marvel at the poor compression! Crap yourself over the continuity errors! And be sure to rate it (if you dare).

Poke
homosexual under or overtones? LOL. I laughed at the cutaways and rated. Who was the guy taking a dump?

filmy

well shot...but disturbing. I'm surprised they didn't whip out a big chunk of cardboard and throw down a full on break fight right there!

homosexual under or overtones? LOL. I laughed at the cutaways and rated. Who was the guy taking a dump?

filmy

I basically tricked those dudes into making my artistic homosexual vision of the future -- dancing gay men will rule the world!

Seriously, the homosexual undertones kinda just came out cause we're all a little fond of each other.

The guy taking a dump was supposed to be the janitor -- he stopped dancing to take a shit break.

well shot...but disturbing. I'm surprised they didn't whip out a big chunk of cardboard and throw down a full on break fight right there!

The original idea was much grander. I had choreographed dance moves planned out, but by the time we got to shooting the "dance off" my "talent" was "tired" so being the "good" "director" that I am, I let 'em off "easy."

Thanks to all who have rated.

Poke

So far, the response has been somewhere between okay and good. The vid's gotten 11 "rates" but it's hovering around two stars (out of five). I've sent it out to all kinds of folks through email, MySpace, and this forum. Anyone have any ideas on how to get people interested in rating it?

Poke

INT. UNIVISION AUSTIN OFFICES - DAY

POKE, late twenties, devishly good looking, hung like a horse, wears a tshirt with Inspector Gadget emblazened across his chest, GLARES at the monitor.

POKE
That bastard is going down.​

SLAMS his fist on the desk -- KICKS the trash can over.

POKE
Down, Down, Down. John Boy's going down!​

A duck lands on his head and POOPS.

POKE
I like exclamation points!!!!​

FADE OUT​

Hey, Poke. Very interesting, in a pseudo-sexual, macabre sort of way. Some good use of follow focus and camera angles/closeups to keep your audience in sync with your vision; although the vision was a little creepy. I also liked the way you used slow motion to make the movements seem more fluid.

I rated it a 5, because I'm an indietalk slut. :)

Thanks for the rating!

I guess I secretly want these two guys to end up together -- in real life they dance around each other and never say what they truly feel, so maybe that was what I was trying to show here.

The video has four hours to get one more vote on VideoSift or it'll get dumped.

Poke

NICE Poke. There is some very nicely done camera work here, and the directing is good although as you said, you had some grander plans. All in all, weird, and good :)

Back