Calling all Comedy Lovers

if you live in the cities of Austin, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, or Toronto (every one of 'em is represtented in this community) and you've ever enjoyed any of Mike Judge's work ("Beavis and Butthead," "King of the Hill," "Office Space," etc.) go see his new movie "Idiocracy" starring Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph, and Dax Shepard this weekend.

Fox has dumped it into limited release with no fanfare at all. It's a funny movie (though not as good as "office Space") and it deserves to be seen.

I'm sure it will be a cult hit on DVD, so get out there and see it now so you can tell everyone how cool you are becuase you saw it before them. Also, a strong theatrical showing might help Fox wake up and stop treating good material like unwanted trash (see "Arrested Development," "Firefly,").

If you'd like to read my thoughts on the movie, click here.

Poke

I was going to check this out today, but it's the last day of the Exhibition, and we got a discount through my girlfriend's work. If it's still playing this week, I'm gonna check it out for sure.

It's a shame how this just got passed out there with no help though- hopefully the blogosphere can kick into gear and get this movie some press. I was planning to write up a review, so we'll see when I see it. Go see it if you can!

I've heard rumblings that it may eek out a second week in most of the cities. It's only on 125 screens and it made about $.03 million on Friday alone. But it all depends on whether or not more folks saw it Sat, Sun, or Today -- and if TCFox thinks it's worth the money to keep it out there one more week.

Poke

I would have responded but your manboobs frighten me. Kidding aside, I didnt see the thread. I will check it out because I'm a huge fan of Mike. I just dont like King of the Hill that much. It's a bit to "Walton'ish" for me. Maybe I would have enjoyed it when I was younger. As stupid as beavis and butthead are, I will always find their humor enjoyable. I dont like southpark that much. I respect the political humor a bit, but some of it is just too retarded and crude. I guess I have my own limit to what I find as funny.

The thing that's funny about that is, the movie would have made a great ad -- that's if the studio wouldn't have handed it to a cut and paste trailer artist. Here's an idea for the future: get "Ididocracy," get it into your PC or Mac, and cut a trailer you think is good. I guarantee I could make an interesting trailer for it -- one that's better than the trailers for "Big Momma's House...1 & 2!"

Poke

Back