tutorial on how to capture video..

This isnt for lincenced DVD or anything. But if you're on the internet and see a flash video you want to save (check for regulations) this is how it's done. Its just a small process and though the software is free you might have to purchase a mic jack cable with 2 male ends.

OK, go to radioshack, Buy a computer mic/line in jack cable with 2 male ends (I forget the size but I think it's called a 1/8th jack??)

I warn you now that it is said you can blow a audio card if you turn settings up to high or cause any kind of static shock to the system. I've never done this but I'm warning you, so in the event its that 1 in 10,000 chances (or whatever the odds are) you cant yell at me :)

Microsoft makes a cool little program called Windows Media Encoder. you may already have it installed or it may even be factory installed. If not, go to www.download.com and type in "Windows media encoder" and I believe version 9 is their newest version.

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

cap3.jpg

cap4.jpg

to be continued...

before you do any of this.. adjust your Computer Acceleration.

right click on desktop...

(note, My video card settings may look slightly different from yours) Also, dont confuse "troubleshoot with Advance/troubleshoot"

capa.jpg

capb.jpg

capc.jpg

Back