• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Mod Squad

I liked Tea for three better ;) well done...even your older cheesier shorts look really nice. What is your secret sauce for footage looking good and all that crispy audio...if you ADR all of that audio (as you seem to)...how do you get them to sit still for the recording session?

all looks quite professionally done...what's your work flow?

...how do you get them to sit still for the recording session?

They're all my own kids (or neices and nephews) so we've worked out this great system...they get the take right, and then they get to eat that day! It's a win-win! Coming from a music/recording background I actually have some pretty good studio quality sound gear. But having to ADR every bit of the sound is really a function of the crummy mic on my crummy camera - a used $300 sony handicam. But hey, it's bonus time at my day job, so I'm just about to upgrade! I think I've decided on the HVX-200. So I'm pretty excited to use a camera with the ability to capture decent audio.

As far as workflow, I don't have a lot of storage capacity on my MacBook Pro (it's also my day job computer), so I'm pretty restricted in terms of the size and length of the projects I do. I capture and editing just what I need and pretty much make shot selection on the fly.

Once I've done the final video edits, I save just the vidow and send that file into Soundtrack Pro and create the comlpete audio file (dialog, music, effects). I then send that aduio file back into FCP to lay over the original video.

I'm sure you long-timers will read that and wince at my convoluted work flow, so any suggestions for a newbie would certainly be appreciated.

Back