View Full Version : 'Blinding' - a short film

Carloled
08-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi guys,

Here is another film I directed last year. It's called 'Blinding' and it is a story about a man who discovers he has one day left before he goes completely blind. This was shot with a Panasonic DVX100, around the Sydney area over a span of four days. Most days it was just me and the lead actor walking around, shooting and improvising scenes as we saw fit. In contrast, a lot of the scenes were storyboarded and deliberately lit as well. I was gunning for a balance between order and spontaneity. Anyways, have a look, and would love to hear what you guys think of this one.

http://web.mac.com/allorange/iWeb/allOrange%20Films/allOrange%20Films%20-%20Blinding.html

It's iPod-friendly too so feel free to chuck it onto your iPods!

Carlo Ledesma
allOrange Films

knightly
08-07-2006, 11:45 AM
I think this is an important piece of cinema...thank you.

Spatula
08-07-2006, 01:18 PM
That was great. I love the way it's shot. Really brilliant work, man. Sydney is friggin' beautiful.

Media Hero
08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Really great. I love the subtle metaphores, like when he pushes the walk button before he crosses the street. It's neat when the color comes alive, too. So many nice touches. I could go on... Congratulations. I hope many many people have the chance to see it.

Eddie Rex
08-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Great film, powerful story and all the pictures are brilliant. I liked the shot of the lady approaching him at the end and smiling, which she looks like an angel coming down to take him to the otherside... Good work.