Hey, Back from the grave

Ok, I was on here like every night for a couple months back before June 15, when I got out of the Air Force and this a quick update on who I am and whats going on...

My name is Chris and I am new to the film industry. I have a lot of ideas for films that I want to make and now i'm doing the research on how to make them a reality. Right now I work at Universal of Orlando as a Pyrotechnician just so I could get into the company. I had been in the military for 3.5 years and for that last year or so have been dieing to get out and actually learn hands on how to make movies. I'm all about listening and getting people's advice. I have already learned a lot within the last couple of weeks. One thing is that I definetly don't want to do is go to Full Sail anymore because I want to learn from the ground up every aspect of film making and not just the most advance processes. So now i'm enrolling to Valencia here in Orlando which has a great program and maybe duel enroll to UCF to get my Bachelors.

That's kind of where I am at right now. I have an idea for a film right now and i'm reading script writting books trying to figure out how to put it all down on paper. Pretty much I want to make a decent size budget movie with no budget. I'm not going to buy cameras at best buy and return them when i'm done or anything like that... but I have met a lot of people at Universal who are like me and trying to get themselves into the biz.

So right now mainly I need help. I'm trying to self teach myself everything. I'm doing all the reseach, writing my own script, starting my own production company, and eventually shooting my own film. Yeah, i'm nuts but I love it and I wouldn't have it any other way!

directorik said:
I'm a Pyrotechnician at Universal Hollywood. Welcome back.

Thats awesome! I love the job, I actually got hire for Holloween Horror Nights as a Assistant Stage Manager! I'm kinda nervouse because besides the military, it's the first managerial position I have ever had. That and I have only been working there for 3 weeks. People here are great, I just can't wait to start working outside on sets and such. Me like special effects ;)

Back