Sponsoring a fest ordeal

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
A fest approached me about sponsoring them, and they were offering a package at a certain level of sponsorship. They wanted to know what I could do for them, and before I sent any proposal, I wanted to know what they could do for me. They didn't want money, they wanted a fair trade, so I was trying to work out a good trade. The representative didn't know how to answer my questions (about converting Internet traffic), and I believe was insulted that I had never heard of the fest (I mentioned this because I was talking about attendance numbers and exposure). She suggested since I hadn't heard of the fest I wait till 2007 and see how 2006 goes. I told her I was interested, just needed to know how many films would be accepted, and how many awards given out, so I could put a prize package together. Didn't hear back. Emailed again. She said she was stalling because she didn't know the answer, and since she stalled, someone at her festival expired the level level of sponsorship we were discussing. LOL. Whatever. Do festivals not expect you to ask questions when you are sponsoring them? Seems she just wanted to get rid of me because I was asking questions. Hey - they approcahed me! :)

That's sad, but you're right... they approached you.

Either this 'fest' is a fake looking to cheat some quick cash out of you or it's nothing but a bunch of first timers guessing their way through the whole thing.

They should spend some money hiring experienced people who's done this before.

How interesting. I would assume that they would be happy to answer questions on accepted films and past attendance. Maybe it is their first year? But then I guess they would tell you that.

Back