Superman LIVES!!!

Just a quick one on Superman Returns. What a great film. Just bloody great.

Emotional, humorous, well acted and made with passion. Yes that’s passion. You know, that thing that’s missing from most of modern studio film making (step forward George Lucas, Paul Anderson, Michael Bay and others)…

And it's just superb to see someone who was such a landmark indie film maker still displaying the passion to teh subject matter he was when his films cost 100th as much!

One of the best studio films this year, with near perfect CGI, great casting (even with Ms Bosworth) and a simply brilliant use of a piece of music that still after all these years sent shivers up my spine…

Okay so the film is not perfect (it’s too long, I didn’t like the way the action sequences were loaded up to the front and the music at times was off the mark) but perfection doesn’t always mean a great film and Superman Returns is a great film. A blockbuster movie in the truest sense of the word.

Much kudos to all involved!

mr-modern-life said:
Just a quick one on Superman Returns. What a great film. Just bloody great.

I agree. I thought it was much better than the accursed Dead Man's Chest. Too long, with too much obvious CGI, and a barrage of action scenes.

Okay so the film is not perfect (it’s too long, I didn’t like the way the action sequences were loaded up to the front and the music at times was off the mark) but perfection doesn’t always mean a great film and Superman Returns is a great film.

I've heard others say they felt it was too long. I didn't get that sense. The pacing seemed right to me and it never got boring. Dead Man's Chest FELT long whereas Superman did not.

IMO the best blockbuster film this year.

Back