I'm not dead yet.

Loud Orange Cat

Pro Member
indiePRO
After tweleve (or is it thriteen?) days in the hospital, I'm back home walking barely walking. I was diagnosed with a carcinoma (cancerous) tumor in my belly in May. As it turned out, they not only opened me up with a vertical incision that was over foot long, but they had to take over one foot of my small intestine with the tumor they removed. The scar, with included metal staples is spectacular. It's a shiny piece of work, looking like a Hong Kong new year.

While the pain in truly mammoth in scale and the perscribed percs barely touching the pain, I won't spend too much time on blogging anymore.

The biggest question I have is how is going to effect LOC? I honestly don't know yet, but I have an idea... LOC isn't dead yet.

I'm spending most of my time listening to my iPod now. I'm going to cancel my WoW account becuase it hurts to play (it hurts just sitting in front of my computer for two minutes). This is a good thing, though. I'll be spending the remainder of my time playing with my kids, something that much more important than playing video games.

And while a second carcinoma was found on my liver (Biopsied during the operation - Being diabetic rules me out for a transplant) the six doctors opinions I got were all the same, I have about 5 years to go. It's been a good run, I'm happy for my kids and the opportunity they've given me to experience what being a father is truly like.

But keep in mind, I'm not dead yet... You'll see that in BAD CAT 5. :D

Sorry to hear about your procedures and prognosis. Medicial advancements are coming along everyday to change lives, so keep searching for ways to stay on this earth. We're all rooting for you.

Scott

I've always believed that every day is a gift. Use them to your fullest ability! May your treatments treat you well.

Robert, I'm glad to hear you in good spirits and appreciating what you have while you have it. Children truly are a blessing...

And feel free to prove those doctors wrong!

The readiness is all. Your outlook is an inspiration- so I'm looking forward to an inspired Bad Cat 5 as well! Have faith.

Wow. This is a huge deal. It is inspirational for us that you are so upbeat. I am a lucky cancer survivor myself, but I still remember the day of the diagnosis like it was yesterday. You and your family are in my prayers. And I agree that you should prove the docs wrong. Just this morning there was a story on the news of a british woman who is at 6+ years past her 'time', still living with the big C and cycling across the US for charity. If she can tell the diagnosis to go to hell, here's hoping you can too. :)

I'm sorry to hear that news, LOC. I'm sending good vibes and light your way. Please know you will be in my thoughts often.

Thanks for all the wishes.

My short term plans are to complete BC5 and my epic vampire script. It looks like I won't have an opportunity to shoot it, perhaps I can put the script on the market, but it's still over 300 pages. :(

Surviving surgery meant that hell didn't want me so I may have a better chance of hanging around on this plane of existence for a while.

Anyone in Vegas taking bets yet? I want in. :lol:

-----

I have to get this off my chest: Less than 12 hours after surgery and I'm floating in and out of reality, my too-young-for-comfort Doogie Howser lookalike surgeon walks into the room, leans over me and begins to SCOLD me for all the work he had to do. No kidding. "I had to cut through four inches of fatty tissue! Four inches! You know how difficult that is? That was a LOT of work for me!" he yelled.

Would you

A) Grab him by the hair, yank him closer to you, give him the fingers-in-the-eyes ala Three Stooges?
B) Punch him the jaw?
C) Reply "Four million dollars! You know how easy it is to sue you for four million dollars for being a whiny bitch if you botched this surgery in any way?"
- or -
D) Have your girlfriend walk in silently after the surgeon did, listen to the whole conversation, open her cell phone and fake-call 911 when he was done with the rant, scare him to the point where he ends the conversation, walks out quickly and has his associate talk to me for the rest of my hospital stay?

Yeah, D happened. It was a Visa "Priceless" moment. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me.

Loud Orange Cat said:
- or -
D) Have your girlfriend walk in silently after the surgeon did, listen to the whole conversation, open her cell phone and fake-call 911 when he was done with the rant, scare him to the point where he ends the conversation, walks out quickly and has his associate talk to me for the rest of my hospital stay?

Yeah, D happened. It was a Visa "Priceless" moment. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me.

...hell, yeah! Big ups to your girlfriend, I like her already. What a Jackass some people can be, I guess he will work on his bedside manner now, huh!

Hang in there, I'm keeping a good thought for you....:yes:

-- spinner :cool:

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. That really is a shame. Your spirits seem up though, which is good. I hope the doctors are wrong and you have a long and prosperous life ahead of you!

Loud Orange Cat said:
After tweleve (or is it thriteen?) days in the hospital, I'm back home walking barely walking. I was diagnosed with a carcinoma (cancerous) tumor in my belly in May. As it turned out, they not only opened me up with a vertical incision that was over foot long, but they had to take over one foot of my small intestine with the tumor they removed. The scar, with included metal staples is spectacular. It's a shiny piece of work, looking like a Hong Kong new year.

While the pain in truly mammoth in scale and the perscribed percs barely touching the pain, I won't spend too much time on blogging anymore.

The biggest question I have is how is going to effect LOC? I honestly don't know yet, but I have an idea... LOC isn't dead yet.

I'm spending most of my time listening to my iPod now. I'm going to cancel my WoW account becuase it hurts to play (it hurts just sitting in front of my computer for two minutes). This is a good thing, though. I'll be spending the remainder of my time playing with my kids, something that much more important than playing video games.

And while a second carcinoma was found on my liver (Biopsied during the operation - Being diabetic rules me out for a transplant) the six doctors opinions I got were all the same, I have about 5 years to go. It's been a good run, I'm happy for my kids and the opportunity they've given me to experience what being a father is truly like.

But keep in mind, I'm not dead yet... You'll see that in BAD CAT 5. :D

Im sorry for you, take care

Last edited:
Back