A Bit Of Fun... 10 degrees....

Okay so as the saying goes anyone can be linked to Kevin Bacon within 10 degrees of seperation.

So I thought i'd try with me!!

I produced Left For Dead starring Glenn Salvage...

...Glenn Salvage was in Distant Shadow with Stephen Tiller...

... Stephen Tiller featured in the Saint with Val Kilmer...

...Val Kilmer starred in The Doors directed by Oliver Stone...

...Oliver Stone also directed JFK with...

KEVIN BACON !!!

So can you find a link between you and the Bacon?

I was an extra in "Sixteen Candles" which starred Paul Dooley.

Paul Dooley starred in "Breaking Away" with Dennis Quaid.

Dennis Quaid starred as Doc Holliday in "Wyatt Earp," who was played by Kevin Costner.

Kevin Costner starred in "JFK" with Kevin Bacon.

By using JFK, i think half the American population can be connected to Kevin Bacon (especially since you can connect to Animal House using Donald Sutherland).

As a teen, I was an extra in "catch me if you can" directed by Steven Sommers. then:

Stephen Sommers was in Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride (2004) with Brendan Fraser
Brendan Fraser was in Air I Breathe, The (2006) with Kevin Bacon

As a teen, I let a parking guy take a pee break on the courtroom set for the mighty ducks starring Emilio Estevez, then:

Emilio Estevez was in Outsiders, The (1983) with Matt Dillon (I)
Matt Dillon (I) was in Loverboy (2005) with Kevin Bacon.

Here is the Oracle of Bacon: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/oracle/

Last edited:
Slightly strange one for me

Me -- to my brother in law who is the Rabbi of an LA synagogue -- to the agent of Fraiser's girlfriend in the last series -- to the actress who played the girlfriend, whose name escapes me -- to Kevin Bacon, who appeared in Fraiser.

Actually I can probably do this in less if Bacon has ever worked with Gary Oldman, because I was an extra in Sid and Nancy, directed by Alex Cox and staring Gary Oldman.

I was in a TV play Treasure of Zavimbi with Ian Mercer when I was ten.

Ian Mercer was in Master and Commander with Russell Crowe, who did A Beautiful Mind with Ron Howard, who did Apollo 13 with THE BACON.

Ah I can use that route as well.

The guys who took the lead in No Place, my mate Colin Sharp, is best friends with David Threfall, who was the cook in Master and Commander.

Actually I've another way into that route, my wife was at drama school in Belfast with Omid Djalili, who was the slave trader in Gladiator, which again gets us to the Crowe.

Just figured out the shortest route -- Me in Sid and Nancy, which connects me to Courtney Love "who played Nancy" who was in Trapped with the Bacon.

Don't think I can work out a shorter one, unless

CLIVE TURNS FROM LAPTOP AND CALLS ACROSS ROOM
Clive
"Hey Kevin, I'm trying to find a shorter route between us than our connection via Courtney Love, any ideas?"
Kevin
"Shit Clive, how many times do I have to tell you not to interrupt when I'm watching Kurosawa!"

Sorry guys, that's the closest I can get today.

Last edited:
clive said:
Actually I can probably do this in less if Bacon has ever worked with Gary Oldman, because I was an extra in Sid and Nancy, directed by Alex Cox and staring Gary Oldman.

Once again, "JFK."

I never thought it could be possible...

As a kid, I was in a stage play with Alan Hunter (one of the original MTV VJs).
Alan Hunter was in Police Academy 6 with Michael Winslow.
Michael Winslow was in Spaceballs with Bill Pullman.
Bill Pullman was in A League of Their Own with Tom Hanks.
Tom Hanks was in Apollo 13 with...Kevin Bacon.

I worked hard on that one.

=======

edit:

Okay, I just ran the "Oracle of Bacon" program -- link provided by Knightly. The program offered this alternative link to Bacon!

Alan Hunter was in Johnny Flynton with Dash Mihok.
Dash Mihok was in Sleepers with ... Kevin Bacon.

Wow. that's efficient.

Last edited:
This is much easier with the Oracle.

So this is my favorite so far:

I've directed Tom Baker (Dr Who) half a dozen times.
Tom Baker (I) was in Dungeons & Dragons (2000) with Bruce Payne (I)
Bruce Payne (I) was in Pyrates (1991) with Kevin Bacon

Huzzah

It's not the shortest, but I like it anyway.

But just for a laugh I tried this one, expecting a huge number -- surprise

Rin Tin Tin the well know dog celebrity has a Bacon number of 3.

Rin Tin Tin was in Lightning Warrior, The (1931) with Cliff Lyons
Cliff Lyons was in Genghis Khan (1965) with Eli Wallach
Eli Wallach was in Mystic River (2003) with Kevin Bacon

I just wish I had a link to Rin Tin Tin!

Other stuff -- used to work in advertising. I've directed lots of people. Tom was my favorite though, because he's got such a great voice and he's a genuinely funny guy to hang out with.

Here's mine:

Andrew Kenneth Martin makes a cameo in my Wreck Beach Film Fest Doc, shaking hands with the Captain...
Andrew Kenneth Martin was in Black Painted Moon (2002) with Lindy Booth
Lindy Booth was in Public Domain (2003) with Don McKellar
Don McKellar was in Where the Truth Lies (2005) with Kevin Bacon

Boo yeah!

hehehe, with what Knightly provided on the link, this was what came up:

Johnny Wu was in Candle Smoke (1998) with Susan Anspach
Susan Anspach was in Blue Monkey (1987) with Michael J. Reynolds
Michael J. Reynolds was in Where the Truth Lies (2005) with Kevin Bacon

However, in 2001, I had the pleasure to organize an event where Kevin Bacon and his brother Michael performed on stage, I shook his hand, and also barred Michael's wife to attend (without knowing she was the wife) and later when found out the reality, I had to let her in. Also that same night, I almost wanted to fight with Steven Seagal, plus denied Alicia Key's mom entrace until later found out they were related. Same night, met with Pamela Anderson (can't took my eyes off her....) and Kid Rock, they were there to hang out with Uncle Kracker where one of his bandmate wanted my id badge (because of the 666 number) :) Same night, greeted David Carridine (before he did Kill Bill), missed meeting one of the Wayne brothers, and Wil Smith (he walked by and I just missed him), heard everyone screaming EVE EVE, but I have no clue who she was back then... and a bunch of others... It was a night to remember :)

I was an extra in a really crappy action flick, "Extreme Honor" which also had a cameo by Michael Madsen. (I think I'm in the background of the bar scene he's in.)
Michael Madsen was in The Doors which gets us to JFK. I'm not possitive, but Madsen had to be in a movie with Bacon at some point.

Back