two part

Im editing my first documentary.It looks like its going to be original at best.(wierd newbie style all over it).I guess Id better watch some more docs and think on it.I guess I should put a piece on here for some constructive feedback.Also my first time with Vegas and once I learned a little how it works its not so frustrating.Except when I want to drop a clip in the middle of everything and expect everything to the right to move aside on the time line and let it in.Sometimes it works,sometimes it doesnt.Is that the ripple?I dread learning the DVD author and the horror that awaits me when something goes irepairably wrong.(thats not a good attitude).Come to think of it there is no real point to this post.I guess I just had really great sex and Im so relaxed I felt like sharing some newbie progress with some good people that know whatever that passion is inside that makes you want to make a film.I hope I make lots to come.Oh yeah,lets say you have never been to film school,english class,writers course or even so much as read a book in your life but yet you seem to think you can write a story and even a screenplay.Where would you start?

you'd start by typing what's on your mind. It might be easier to write a story then make a screenplay from it.
When I write, I "see" scenes in my head and I write them the way I see them. So they can be reconstructed by what I write. If you need to explore how something would progress, I'd suggest the cluster/spider/web method. Without knowing if you're writing a short or feature or just writing a story, it's hard to make suggestions.

Lately, I've been using a voice recorder for my thoughts and ideas, then I go back and write them all down and expand it.

ets say you have never been to film school,english class,writers course or even so much as read a book in your life but yet you seem to think you can write a story and even a screenplay.Where would you start?
Start at the beginning.

Back